Sunday, September 29, 2013

Thoda Hai...Thode Ki Zarurat hai.. (We have Little..and We need Little..)

Happy Sunday folks..!!

Life has become too demanding and fast. I already know this: D. But this thought came back to haunt me again last night when I was lying on my bed in Mildly Inebriated state. Suddenly I remembered a song which my uncle used to sing—“Thoda hai , Thode ki zarurat hai” and I thought, “What a simply beautiful thought”.

At the very moment I decided that I’ll watch the movie to which this song belongs—“Khatta-Meetha”. Made in 1978 it is an absolute delight. The movie hooks you from the very first moment with its title song saying—“Life’s like a piece of grapes.-a little unripe, a little ripe. Whatever we can have is sweet, whatever we can’t is sour.” Kishore da’s voice infuses MAGIC in this song.

And then we dive in the movie, where a Parsi father with 4 kids and a Parsi widow with 3 kids are struggling to raise their grown up kids. One of their common friendly couple acts as cupid and they after some cajoling manage to get them married.

Then starts all the fun. All the “Forced” siblings start to give hard time to each other which fills the movie with some very funny and sweet moments showing how deftly the “New” Parsi couple handles the entire situation. The movie goes on, with every character trying to solve the problems of his/her life.

The movie beautifully shows the importance of love and of family (which we all are far from these days  L ) when we run into some crisis. A lot of problems come their way, but they all stick together and help each other out.

The movie leaves your heart a little titillated and filled with a lot of warmth and sweetness and you start feeling like-“Life’s not so bad after all. Everything will turn out just fine.”  The most striking feature of this movie is its Simplicity.

So, guys if you really want to spend 2 hours of your life and this Sunday in a better way, I’ll highly recommend logging in YouTube and watching this pocket full of sweetness.  It will save you both time and money you were planning to spend on movies like Grand Masti (which are full of vulgarities and cliché’ sex jokes).

For me the thought –“Thoda hai , thode ki zarurat hai. Zindagi fir bi magar khoobsoorat hai.” –“We have a little, we need a little. But still life here is beautiful”, will remain with me all day and I’ll bask in its warmth.

If you decide to watch the movie, you might skip other songs, but do watch the above mentioned song. I bet you’ll be able to connect to each one of the characters. One more song stands out is—“ Tumse mila tha pyar kuch ache naseeb the. Hum un dino ameer the jab tum kareeb the.”-“I was lucky that I got your love, and I was rich when you were close to me”. Simply mesmerizing.

So watch this movie for some good time, beautiful songs, some really funny moments (The kid in movie is sweet and hilarious) , Hrithik Roshan’s dad and his uncle’s melodious music, very effortless acting by all and a pocket full of Hope.

~~Simplicity can be a nuance of Excellence~~

PS: If you like the post, do comment below in comments section. Also, let me know if you want me to write about anything in particular. You can like me and follow me on Google+ by clicking buttons just below my Pic on top left.

Cheers
Dj (Digvijay)




12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Swati... hope I can deliver value for the time spent by you ..and all others reading here... :D

      Delete
  2. Life is indeed b'ful nd every moment shd b cherished. Thanks fr the post DJ. B'fully written !! Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love for sharing and encouraging..!! :)

      Delete
  3. Thats Nice!! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will surely watch this movie. Your blogs are very nice and simple. I really like that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks miss...!! I'm glad you liked it... :) Do let me know ,if you watch this movie, who you found it... Cheerio

      Delete
  5. the movie truly is worth watching.. Somehow in search of big things we miss small packages of happiness around us..:-D

    ReplyDelete